The work of the Society depends upon the commitment of its Members, who contribute freely their time, skills and expertise to the Society.
There are lots of ways you can make a difference to kidney health through your involvement with the ANZSN:
- Join the Council – A call for nominations for the next election to Council will be sought in June 2020
- Volunteer for a Committee or Working Group – opportunities regularly arise for Members to contribute and calls for Expressions of Interest are promoted through our Weekly Updates by email and on our website
- Become an Abstract Reviewer and support our Annual Scientific Meeting and Home Dialysis Conference – we may also call upon your skills and expertise to assess materials prior to uploading to our website
- Nominate a Member for an award, such as the TJ Neale Award or ANZSN Life Membership
If your time is limited, there are other ways you can be involved:
- Take part in an ANZSN led or auspiced surveys
- Review and provide feedback on ANZSN reports or proposals
- Attend the Annual General Meeting of Members and have your say!
If you would like any information or assistance, please contact the ANZSN Office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fellowship Committee seeks well-developed training plans, established in coordination with the host mentor, reflecting the needs from the home institution and the opportunity to implement and share the acquired skills and knowledge at home after the training.
- The Committee will give priority consideration to requests for “regional trainings”, i.e. training in a host center from the same region.
- All information about the Fellowship Program and details on how to apply can be found here.
Click here to find out more about this program and how to apply. Note that proposals must be reviewed and validated by a regional coordinator before they are submitted online. Make sure you submit your proposal to Shoichi Maruyama at email@example.com.
Recipients will be invited to attend the 2020 AMA National Conference in Canberra in May 2020, where the awards will be presented. The AMA may contribute to travel costs for recipients to attend the presentation.
In the year following the presentation of the awards, recipients will have the opportunity to participate in interviews with interested media, and engage in AMA supported activities promoting their work in their field of expertise.
All rewards are presented, pending a sufficient quantity and/or quality of nominations being received in each category.
Please click the following link for more information.
Please email a one page application to Donna Reidlinger at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 1st April, 2020.
Your expression of interest should include:
• Your interest in the position of either Chair or Deputy Chair
• An outline of your relevant skills, track record and CV
• A suggested research topic for consideration by an AKTN Working Group
Scholarships of up to $5,000 for current and aspiring female leaders
Women and Leadership Australia Scholarships of $2,000 to $5,000 are currently available to women working in the health care sector to help support their participation in a range of career building leadership development programs.
The initiative is providing junior through to executive managers with scholarships to support their growth and development. The scholarships assist with participation in one of three flagship development programs. The programs provide highly collaborative learning environments uniquely tailored to the needs of female leaders.
Expressions of Interest - Find out more and register your interest by completing the Expression of Interest form here prior to Friday, April 3.