The work of the Society depends upon the commitment of its Members, who contribute freely their time, skills and expertise to the Society.
There are lots of ways you can make a difference to kidney health through your involvement with the ANZSN:
- Join the Council – A call for nominations for the next election to Council will be sought in June 2020
- Volunteer for a Committee or Working Group – opportunities regularly arise for Members to contribute and calls for Expressions of Interest are promoted through our Weekly Updates by email and on our website
- Become an Abstract Reviewer and support our Annual Scientific Meeting and Home Dialysis Conference – we may also call upon your skills and expertise to assess materials prior to uploading to our website
- Nominate a Member for an award, such as the TJ Neale Award or ANZSN Life Membership
If your time is limited, there are other ways you can be involved:
- Take part in an ANZSN led or auspiced surveys
- Review and provide feedback on ANZSN reports or proposals
- Attend the Annual General Meeting of Members and have your say!
If you would like any information or assistance, please contact the ANZSN Office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polyomavirus (BK) Survey
Polyomavirus (BK) is a major cause of allograft loss after kidney transplantation. The increasing prevalence of BK viraemia and nephropathy in the recent years has been attributed to the use of potent immunosuppression. Currently, various strategies have been developed for BK viraemia and nephropathy in kidney transplant recipients, but practices are highly variable between individual clinicians, within and between centres. In addition, the evidence supporting the treatment decisions are poor and limited only to observational studies.
We are interested in conducting a multi-centre randomised controlled trial to define the optimal strategies for the treatment of BK viraemia and nephropathy in kidney transplant recipients.
Obtaining feedback from you regarding your current practices would be vital for the design of this trial. We would appreciate your taking the time to complete the following survey. Your responses are voluntary and will be confidential. Responses will not be identified by individual. All responses will be compiled together and analysed as a group.
It should take about five minutes of your time. Please see link below.
Germaine Wong and the Australasian Kidney Trials Network (AKTN) team