ANZSN Grants and Fellowships
The Society offers a number of solely and jointly administered grants and fellowships on an annual basis with the aim of promoting opportunities for Nephrological research and education within Australia, New Zealand and overseas.
- ANZSN Travelling Fellowship- NOW CLOSED
ANZSN Travelling Fellowship is designed to give one laboratory-based nephrologist or renal scientist an opportunity to undertake further research training overseas or to acquire a new technique or procedure in an approved institution in any country. It is intended to help defray expenses incurred by travelling overseas for the purpose of postgraduate study or research. 2015 ANZSN Travelling Fellowship Criteria Final
Applications close: COB September 18th
- 2015 ANZSN Enabling Grant - NOW CLOSED
For information about applying for the award please click 2015 ANZSN Enabling Grant
Full application2015 ANZSN Enabling Grant Application Form - Final
Closing date 28th February 2015
- ANZSN/Amgen Quality Assurance Grants Program - NOW CLOSED
Please click here to view the flyer.
To be eligible for consideration for an ANZSN award, grant or fellowship, the applicant must: (unless otherwise stated)
- have been a Member of ANZSN for a minimum of 12 months by the date of the meeting;
- be a current financial Member i.e. the current year’s subscription fees have been paid and there are no outstanding arrears for any prior years at the time of application;
- preferably be at an early stage of his/her career, however consideration may be given to applications from more experienced Members of the Society such as those on limited incomes;
- not have received the award previously; and
- ensure that the application is received by the Society Office by the due date advertised on this website and/or the ANZSN weekly Update.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a report to Council at the conclusion of their appointment describing the key outcomes and highlights which will be shared with Society Members via the ANZSN Newsletter, Weekly Update and/ or Website.
Note: On occasion, and at its discretion, the Council may award a lesser amount than the total amount of the grant or fellowship.
How to Apply
There is no set application form. Applications should contain the following information:
- Full name, date of birth, private address, telephone number, fax and Email, of applicant, together with address for all correspondence;
- Details of academic record-to-date, including courses completed, year of completion and results obtained;
- Brief description of any current or completed research work;
- List of publications;
- Description of proposed research programme and nature of employment (if relevant) in year of award. This should be no more than 2 pages. Please indicate the stage of negotiation etc;
- Details of other financial support obtained or applied for in the year of award;
- Details of travel for which the fellowship is sought (including copy of abstract if relevant);
- The names and addresses of 2 referees;
- A statement from the Supervisor that the applicant is at an early stage of his/her career.
Applications should be forwarded to:
The Honorary Executive Officer
Australian & New Zealand Society of Nephrology
145 Macquarie Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Fax: +61 2 9241 4083
Application Enquiries: Please contact us